Hi all ! Using this post I am going to describe the complete apple store upload process using XCode 4.2. Pre-define/assumed things.
- You already know what Apple store is & why do we need to upload our application there.
- You are done with the development & you are ready for the apple store upload process.
- You do have the XCode 4.2 or latest tools, Mac OSX (Snowleopard/Lion), iOS Developer Account & Original Apple Machine.
- You want to know/learn – How to upload the application to apple store.
Now, I want you guys to be stay calm. Please don’t get worried by viewing the length of this post. I know this post is incredibly longer. But that is just because of I tried to cover as many steps as possible. So, Those guys who already know few of the steps can skip as & when required. Here, This post includes all steps required for apple store upload process & all the screen-shots are taken during the actual application upload process of some client. Screen-shots were taken at the time of uploading an application for client. So, please don’t feel strange or awkward when you find blur in screen-shots. I applied blur their in images to hide the client details. So that my company might not sue me for this (: hope you understand. Well, Lets start then. I want talk much. To the point, based on above assumption, I am going to start this tutorial.
1) Open this URL => http://developer.apple.com/iphone
6) It will ask to upload ‘CertificateSigningRequest.certSigningRequest‘ file. You can generate it using the steps described within the image below. ( Even if you have trouble creating this file, read this post ).
7) Once you done with uploading that file, You have to click on the submit button. Once you click on the submit button, The web-page will look like this. You have to reload/refresh if it indicates ‘issued‘ as status. Once you refresh the page, you should be able to download.
15) Once you click on the submit button, your App ID will appear in the list. You can notice it here in the following image at the bottom area. ( I am not going to enable, iCloud or push-notification. If your application requires such feature, configure & set it appropriately )
17) In above image (step-16) there is a button ‘New Profile‘ found on the top-right corner. Click on that & Fill up the necessary details as illustrated below & Select your App ID (created by you by following above steps) & then click on ‘Submit‘ button. (Make sure that Distribution Method is set to ‘App Store‘ only)
25) Select project from Navigator, Select your target & set appropriate Code Signing Attributes. Okey ! Rest of the steps, I will describe in next post. I thought, putting all the steps within a single post would be fine. But when I viewed this post by myself, I found that all these images takes time to load & I have yet to add more 25 steps. So, Click here to view further instructions for Apple Store Upload process.