In previous post, I described few steps for Apple store application uploading process. This post will describe rest of the steps for the same.
26) Set the proper Code signing details for Target settings.
27) Once you are done with Target settings, Apply the same settings of Code signing identity to Project settings also.
28) Now, you are ready to generate an .ipa file for apple store upload. So, Go to product menu & Click on Archive option.
29) Once your project is successfully compiled, organizer will automatically appear & you can find your Project Archive under Archive section of Organizer.
30) Now, Switch back to browser. Open following URL – itunesconnect.apple.com
31) Enter valid credentials.
32) Once you log in, Click on ‘Manage Your Applications‘ link ( as illustrated in image below )
33) If you are opening this for first time, you might see following page. You have to set the developer/company name. ( Keep in mind that – Developer/company name once set, can not be changed. So, be careful while giving the developer name )
34) Now, Click on Add New App ( On the top right corner, as illustrated in image below )
35) Select Default Language of your application. Set the application name. Provide SKU number ( any unique number ). Select Bundle ID & Then Click on Continue.
36) Select the date of the launch of your application & set the appropriate price tire & then Click on continue.
37) Set the version number of application. Enter copyright details. Select the Primary category & secondary category of your application. Review notes – here enter specific notes for apple, while they are reviewing your application.
Now select appropriate content descriptions. Enter descriptions, support email address, support URL.Upload the 512 X 512 image. Upload necessary screen-shots & then click on save button.
38) Now, Once you save all those details. You have to click on View Details button instead of clicking Done button.
39) In view details, If you scroll down, you will find a button named ‘Ready to Upload Binary‘. Click on that button.
40) It will ask that – Is your product designed to use cryptography & bla bla bla ? Select appropriate option & click on done button.
41) You should receive following message when you click on save button.
42) Now, when you click on continue button. Your application status will be changed to Yellow & it will say Waiting For Upload.
43) ‘Waiting For Upload’ status indicates that, You are ready to go for application upload. So, switch back to XCode & open the organizer.
44) Select your project archive & click on submit button. It will ask for credentials, enter it & you will get following screen. Select proper Application & Certificate Identity & then click on Next button.
45) By clicking next button, It will start uploading your application to apple.
46) Stay calm & start praying for your application :) till that upload process finishes.
47) Please don’t jump & shout. It doesn’t mean, its uploaded successfully. It indicates that, Your application is uploaded successfully through XCode. ( Apple Automated tools will verify your uploaded binary & then Apple will verify your application ). So, don’t start feeling happy, because things may go wrong even after doing all these. :)
48) So, just switch back to iTunes connect & check the status of your application. It should say ‘Upload Received’. It means that – Apple has received your application & your binary is being verified by Apple Automated Tools now.
49) Stay calm for next 5 minutes & let Apple sever process. Now, refresh the same page & Check the status of the application. If it says ‘Invalid Binary’, You have to check your mail sent by apple describing the problem. Check those mails & fix it accordingly. So, if everything goes fine, your application status will be changed to ‘Waiting For Review’. This means that, your binary is been successfully processed by Apple Automated tools & Apple is ready to review the application.
50) Pray very hard for next 5 days & pray for your application approval & set your mind with different strategies that if apple rejects, I should be ready with this & that & bla & bla :) .
51) Keep on checking the status of application ( not on hourly basis but daily basis ). If status is turned to green, Your application is available to apple store – yaaahooo :D :P ;) :)