Yes ! Usually iOS developer uses AVAudioPlayer to play sounds. But AVAudioPlayer takes time to load sound file for the first time.
To load & play sound very quickly, one can go for OpenAL sound. So, here are the steps for that.
1) Create appropriate sound.
2) Import sound into your project.
3) Load the sound & Play.
1) To use OpenAL, It is recommended to use OpenAL. Convert your sound to CAF using following command in terminal.
/usr/bin/afconvert -f caff -d LEI16@44100 someFile.aiff someFile.caf
It actually means, convert to Little-endian 16-bit format with 44100 sampling rate. ( I found this details from here, All credit goes to them. I posted it here just for keeping the notes. )
2) Open your project & Import the sound.
3) Put following line of code to load the sound.
NSString* path = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:@"wong" ofType:@"caf"];
NSURL * afUrl = [NSURL fileURLWithPath:path];
4) Put following line to play the sound.