In-App Purchase Overview
What is in-app purchase ?
In-App Purchase gives you the flexibility to support a variety of business models in your iOS apps. With In-App Purchase, you can offer your customers additional digital content, functionality, services and even subscriptions within your paid or free app.
For example, In-App Purchase will allow you to sell:
• Digital books or photos
• Additional game levels
• Access to a turn-by-turn map service
• Subscriptions to digital magazines or newsletters
In-app purchase can be implemented using StoreKit framework in iOS. It provides functionality to process payment of what you are selling.
NOTE: You receive 70% of the purchase price of each item you sell within your app, paid to you on a monthly basis—no credit card fees apply.
In-app purchase types
• Supplies in a game (ammunition, health points, cheats, extra lives, etc)
• Accelerators used to decrease advancement time within an app
• Additional levels within a game
• Access to pro-features such as additional camera lenses or audio effects
• Lifetime subscription to a service
• Books and individual magazine issues
3) Auto-renewable subscription
• Recurring delivery of newspapers or magazine issues
• Monthly subscription to audio streaming feed
• Weekly membership to a dating service
4) Free subscription
• Recurring delivery of free newspaper or magazine
5) Non-renewing subscription
• One week subscription to voice guidance feature within a navigation app
• Annual subscription to online catalog of archived video or audio
In-app purchase categories
• Buy a digital book
• Buy virtual poker chips for use within a single app
• VoIP minutes, U.S.A to Germany
• Buy an item for in-game use
• Access to more game levels
• Ability to save
• Ability to manage more than one travel itinerary
• Six month access to business card scan services
• Voice transcription (no time restriction)
• One year of VoIP telephone service
• Auto-Renewing Subscription to daily digital newspaper
• Auto-Renewing Subscription to live TV streaming service
• Subscription to monthly voice-guidance service
In-app purchase approaches
1) Built-in product model
In this model, everything required to deliver product is built into application itself. So whenever purchase is made, you can unlock items quickly, and this is the main advantage of Built-in product model. Most build-in product model should be non-consumable.
NOTE: In-app purchase does not provide capability for your application to be patched after a successful purchase.
2) Server product model
In this model, you have to provide separate server that deliver products to your application. This approach is appropriate for subscription, service and content, because these products can be deliver as data without altering your application bundle. For eg., a game might deliver new play environments (puzzle or level) to the application.
In this model you are responsible for designing all interaction between your application and your server. For eg., to track which subscription are associated with a particular user.
Now Lets Start Code For In-App purchase for Non-consumable Products.
Steps Create for testing user for in-app purchase
1) Login into itunesconnect.apple.com with developer credentials.
2) select “Test User”
3) Click on “Add New User” For adding new User
4) Filling the details of the user registration.
Now Concentrate on Code
1) Following Libraries use into the project.
2) Following External Libraries use into the project.
3) Now Start Code From Here.